Institute for Healthcare Studies Seminar Series presents:
“Illinois Women’s Health Registry: A Catalyst for Innovative Research”
Sarah Bristol-Gould, PhD
Director of Research Programs
Institute for Women’s Health Research at Northwestern University
October 8th , 2009 from 12pm to 1pm.
Room 421, Wieboldt Hall, 340 E. Superior Street, Chicago, IL
This event is free and open to the public. (Lunch provided for attendees)
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Describe why research needs to be designed to study and sex- and gender-determinants of health and disease.
2. Understand how the Illinois Women’s Health Registry serves as an access point for information exchange between the research environment and community women.
3. Explore how the Illinois Women's Health Registry serves as a catalyst for clinical research.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
DISCLOSURE: Speaker does not intend to refer to products of a commercial company with which he/she is affiliated.
The following sponsor this Seminar Series:
● Institute for Healthcare Studies
● NorthShore/Center on Outcomes, Research and Education (CORE)
● The Buehler Center on Aging
● VA Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care (CMC3)
● RIC, Center for Rehabilitation Outcomes Research
This presentation will also be telecast to Hines VA, Bldg. 1, Room C-207.
For more information on this lecture, please contact Allan Doeksen at email@example.com