Conditions that affect the brain can be more complicated in women compared to men, partly because of hormones and reproductive issues. Did you know:
- Twenty percent of women have migraines
- Primary care doctors often ignore sleep disorders in women
- Epilepsy and its treatment can be impacted by hormonal cyclic changes
- Neurologic treatments interfere with contraceptive effectiveness and fertility
- Stroke mortality is higher in women than men but 30% of women are unaware of this fact.
To address these concerns at NorthwesternMedicine, a group of neurology specialists who have a strong interest in women's health and sex-specific care have opened the Women's Neurology Clinic at Northwestern. The center plans to incorporate integrated medicine approaches and not rely solely on pharmacologic interventions. To learn more about this clinic, visit their website.