Join us and become part of a supportive community for Chicago women in Academia and STEM!!
REASONS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Discuss the unique challenges facing women in STEM at Northwestern and nation-wide.
- Build a community of local women in STEM and academia to promote gender equity through varied interactive sessions.
- Get to know ways to improve your work/life balance (maternity leave, parental support, child care, elder care, etc).
- Find out how to address inequalities at the workplace (sexual harassment, discriminitation, wages discrepancies).
- Learn from the life lessons and successful stories of our guest speakers who are leaders in their respective fields.
- Cultivate leadership skills and mentor-mentee relationships with the invited speakers.
- Learn about the missions of our partner organizations and upcoming local events at our exhibitors' booths.
12:30-1:00 pm: Lunch (Food/drinks provided).
- Vicky Kalogera, PhD, Linzer Distinguished University Professor in Physics and Astronomy, Northwestern University and Director of CIERA, Center for Interdisciplinary Exploration and Research in Astrophysics.
- Jennifer Cole, PhD, Assistant Chair of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Associate Director of Northwestern Center for Engineering Education Research.
- Nancy Schwarz, PhD, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Chicago, Director, Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center.
3:30-3:45 pm: Coffee break.
4:15-5:15 pm: Panel discussion on women's leadership in STEM with previous speakers.
5:15-7:00 pm: Networking event (Appetizers/drinks served).
Attendees will be able to directly interact with the speakers and discuss mentoring in a small group setting during the round-table networking reception.
March 15th 2018, 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Conference room L South,
Prentice Women’s Hospital, 250 E Superior St
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION, CLICK ON THIS LINK: